Sport Shots & Bars
Sport Shots & Bars
No other brand delivers the natural nitrate you need to boost sports performance
As study after study has shown, beet-based supplements must contain a minimum of 400mg of dietary nitrate to deliver proven, consistent improvements in sport performance and high blood pressure management.
Beet It Sport Shots are the only 100% natural product that delivers 400mg of nitrates. Shot after Shot. Time after time. It’s why our shots have become the de facto standard among researchers, used in over 200 studies worldwide.
As studies show, beet supplements must contain a minimum of 400mg of dietary nitrate to deliver proven, consistent improvements in sport performance and high blood pressure management. Beet It Sport Shots are the only 100% natural product that delivers 400mg of nitrates. Shot after Shot. Time after time. It’s why our shots have become the de facto standard among researchers, used in over 200 studies worldwide.
The power of beet concentrate.
Dietary nitrate occurs naturally in beets and vegetables. The only problem is that the amount of nitrate is wildly unpredictable, meaning you have to eat or drink unreasonably large amounts to get the recommended 400mg of nitrate. Beet It Shots are made from concentrated beet juice, which means we can control for the correct amount of nitrate by controlling the concentration. It’s the reason Beet It Shots are the easiest, tastiest, most convenient way to consume the 400mg of nitrate you need to achieve improvements in sports performance and cardiovascular health. The chart below gives you a sense of just how much of each vegetable you’d have to consume to meet the 400mg of nitrate found in every Beet It Sport Shot. (Keeping in mind, of course, that natural nitrate concentrations will fluctuate between the same quantity of each vegetable.)
- Cooked Beets = .9 lbs, or about 2.5 cups = 4 servings
- Uncooked Beets = .66 lbs, or about 2 cups = 3 servings
- Swiss Chard (Uncooked) = .55 lbs, or about 3 cups = 4 servings
- Basil (Uncooked) = .5 lbs , or about 3 cups = 6 servings
- Butterleaf Lettuce = .44 lbs, or 3 cups = 4 servings
- Arugula = .22 lbs, or 3 cups = 3 servings
Beet It Sport Shot
- Concentrated beet juice shot
- Minimum 400mg nitrate content
- One of your 5-a-day
- Used worldwide for sports research
- Widely used in college and pro cycling, strength training, football and Olympic sports
- Consume 1-2 shots one to three hours before training and for up to six days prior to competition
- Ingredients: Concentrated beet juice (98%), lemon juice (2%); made from concentrates
Beet It Sport Bar
- Contains on average 200mg natural dietary nitrate
- Perfect for longer duration activities to replenish diminished nitrate stores
- 53% oats for slow-release energy
- Consume 2 bars two to three hours before exercise
- Ideal “top up” for athletes engaged in endurance activities of 2+ hours
- Ingredients: Oat flakes (53%), beet juice concentrate (27%), raisins, concentrated apple juice extract, sunflower oil
The NO3-NO2-NO Pathway: How dietary nitrate impacts our physiology
Dr. Andy Jones
Professor Andy Jones, of Exeter University, explains the nature of his team’s research in the video “Unlocking the Power of the Beetroot.” Andy tweets regularly on the power of beets and all things performance-related at @AndyBeetroot
How does the humble beet enhance cardio performance?
This delightful video explainer helps explain how consuming the dietary nitrate in Beet It Sport and Bars has such a profoundly positive impact on the cardio-vascular system — which translates into gains in terms of endurance, strength and lowered blood pressure. Highly recommended — from the very smart folks at ASAPScience.
Still need convincing? Dr. Michael Greger reviews recent research and studies.
In this video, physician, author and nutrition expert Dr. Michael Greger goes into more detail about recent studies that illustrate the remarkable health properties and benefits of beets. (Learn more by visiting Dr. Greger’s site, NutritionFacts.Org)