1. Would you describe yourself as an athlete?
Yes, I have been in organized sports for as long as I can remember. I begged my parents to put me in soccer at the age of 8 and I have been competing ever since. I did just about every sport growing up but my three main sports were soccer, track and volleyball. I was the captain of my volleyball team at Brown, graduated academic and second team all-ivy. Then at 30, after a hiatus from competitive sports, I picked up bobsled and 3.5 years later won an Olympic Silver medal.
2. Have you always been a runner?
No – I quit my corporate job at 30 after I made the team. I had originally tried out as a joke.
3. Do you participate in many races?
Yes – typically two team trials races, up to eight World Cup events, the World Championships and the US Nationals.
4. What motivates you to train and compete harder?
I want to know what it is like to be the best in the world and any one thing. Since I love pushing a bobsled, I have decided to make that my thing.
5. Any tips on nutrition that you try and follow?
I have done it all – Paleo, Keto, macro counting. Right now I am exploring more plant-based options in hopes of decreasing inflammation in my body.
6. How did you hear about Beet It Sport?
Though USA Rugby in Chula Vista.
7. Did you notice a benefit to using Beet It Sport?
I did and I also really liked the way it tasted. I put beets in my smoothies every day but the shots are much more convenient and I can take them with me when we travel to Europe.
8. Anything additional you would like to add about Beet It Sport?
I am looking forward to seeing if it can help me win Gold in 2022!
Photos by Molly Choma & David SalafiaBuy Beet It Sport on Amazon